Question

2generous

Will Balance Transfer application negatively affect my credit score?
I have two cards, using 25% total available credit on one; the other $0. I plan on keeping both open. It seems to me it would improve my score, as the total available credit would increase with additional credit from new card thus lowering my percentage of use, but I don't want to assume!

If you apply for a new account

It will for a short time.

Any time you apply for credit your score will drop because of the inquiry. If your utilization stays low it should bounce back pretty quick. 

Only apply for new credit when utilization is below 30% and your score is up. If you apply no more than once every 6 months you won't ever have to many inquiries  

Good luck.