Question

brindasearching

Will adding an authorized user with bad credit to my credit card negatively affect my credit

No. The general credit health of either party doesn't affect the other. How THAT particular card is used (utilization, timely payments) will affect both people's credit, and its age is factored into average age of accounts for both parties. 

My question to you...

If they have bad credit, What guarantee do you have that they will pay you?   You will be finacially responsible for paying their debt. So be sure that you can cover what ever debt they incure without hurting yourself.  if they go out and charge $1000 today will you be able to pay that bill with a strugle, then go ahead, take the chance.

I added my son to my card when he went through some hard times when his wife left him to raise 2 kids alone. I was willing to cover anything he charged because of the situation.   Other than a situation like that, I'd be hesitant

Good luck.