Question

mcannalea

Will a request to increase credit limit negatively impact score?
I currently have a credit card with a limit of $500. I was hoping to improve my credit utilization score by asking for an increase in my credit limit on the card. I always spend the same amount and pay it off in full every month. My question is this - will the request for an increase in credit limit be marked as a hard inquiry? If the request was denied for any reason, will that also negatively impact my score? If the answer is yes to either of these questions, does the negative impact outweigh the positive impact from a lower credit utilization score?