Question

Meld9672

Will a hard pull appear when applying for credit with fraud alert?
I had called TU a few days back about faxing in a copy of a police report for a line item in my report that was due to fraud. A checkbook had been stolen a few years ago, a bad check written, I just hadn't ever followed up on it. I simply needed the fax number, I was not concerned about any new fraudulent activity occurring.

So imagine my surprise today when I'm notified by my bank that there has been an alert placed on my account and I need to call Experian to have it removed! They advised that TU had notified all of the bureaus of the fraud and my account's on lockdown until they complete my authorization.

So, all of that being said, my bank had attempted to pull my credit report. I will need to have them re-pull next week once the fraud alert has been successfully removed. Will their attempted pull today appear as a hard hit to my credit report? Or will it not show anything as they didn't successfully complete the transaction?

It's not likely to show up at all

Since the Fraud alert in on your report, then no inquiry should show up because your report was not accessed.

Meld9672

Checked experian today and looks like it did show up. Awesome. Guess I'll be on the phone with the bank on Monday!