Question

Densmore321

Will a disputed bill from Directv cause problems with my credit score?
Will a disputed bill from a satellite company cause problems with my credit score? This same company (Directv) has had lawsuits against them for these same deceptive business practices. Now they have turned this disputed bill to the CBE group a collection agency. I have sent a certified letter to CBE group to "Cease & Desist" their calls and attempts to harass me or my family. Let's see if this company follows the law?

Yes, it can cause problems.  Just because you told them not to contact you doesn't mean they're not reporting to the credit bureaus (which by law they can).  The account will remain on your report for 7 years from date of first delinquency or for 7 years from date it is paid off.  If they violate any laws, then contact the FTC and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to file complaints.  You should also contact these 2 agencies if you think Direct TV  used deceptive practices; they'll go after them for you.  You can do this online at their websites.  Best of luck!

Densmore321

Thanks Addison170...that was helpful!