Question

RNC15

Will a debt validation letter restart the statute of limitaions?
Possibly sending a letter, (http://www.credityoda.com/debt-validation-letter.html) to the creditor. The account was transferred to them in Sept 2012. My last reported date was January of 2013 (I have not heard anything about this account since account was closed with original bank in June 2012)

If I send said letter to the creditor, does that mean that the statute of limitaions will start over? Is sending the letter a good idea? Any other advice?

Most Helpful Response

Bad idea, unless you have the money and you are trying to negotiate a settlement. The only time you should really try to verify debt or dispute debt with a creditor is when they send you an introduction letter, stating that you owe this debt and they obtained it from your original creditor. This is when you write a letter in response to dispute the claims. Now that the debt is on your credit report, write a dispute letter to the credit bureaus, asking them to validate your file. They will do an investigation for you, and if there is any inaccurate information it will be removed from your credit report within 30 days of them receiving the letter you wrote.

Statute of limitations

Hi, I have a 4 years old hospital debt that went to collections,2 months ago I called the collection agency to try to start making payments,they were asking for more than 400 dlls monthly,first I thought I should do it,I really want to pay,but than I realized I can afford that monthly payment,so I called again to cancel the payment plan,will that restart the SOL?