Question

koschik83

Will a creditor grant me credit again or did I burn those bridges?
10 years ago I destroyed my credit because I was young, irresponsible, and didn't pay my bills. Many of these cards were closed and went into collections.

I have worked very hard for the past 9 years to rebuild my credit. I've paid the collections, waited for the negative accounts to drop off my report, and watched my credit score slowly go up. Needless to say, it was the longest, hardest learning experience EVER!

One of the creditors I neglected to pay was an auto repair card. This negative account no longer shows on my credit report and my score would not hinder me from obtaining credit; however, if I applied for credit again from this company, could I be declined from my past history with them?

Depends on how long they keep records.