Question

rhpmike

Will a credit card you already have give you a 0% interest period?
I have over 800 credit score and I could fairly easily get a new card with 15-24 months 0% interest, but I don't really want to open a new card. If I call one of my existing cards, is it realistic for them to offer me a 0% period for a large upcoming purchase?

Depends on the Card and the company. 

I have a CITI perferred Credit Card,  never use it, and they always send me 0 APR offers for purchaes now or balance transfers. 

Does not hurt to call and ask, BUT when you can and ask they may want to pull your Credit Report and in doing that you could get a Hard Inquire just for asking.