Question

CiprianD

Will a collection agency remove a settled account if I write them a letter?
I have 2 settled accounts with the same collection agency. It has been about a year since I settled these 2 accounts, but I am now finding out they are affecting me quite a bit when I need credit. What are the chances they will remove these records from my credit report if I write a nice letter requesting them to do so? I never knew about pay to delete letters when I paid these off, otherwise I would have done that a year ago. Are there any other ways to get them removed?

Thank you

It would be worth a try, whether they agree or not is up to them, but you are in control of trying. Send them a letter and if it doesn't work, send more letters and keep trying. Be as polite as you can and state your case in a way it may pull at the readers heart.