Question

Racheleighc

Will a bankruptcy come off automatically?
I had a bankruptcy (ch 7) filed in Sept. 2004. It is now Oct 2014 and therefore should be coming off my report. Will it do so automatically? If so, when? If not, do I need to contact all three credit report companies? Thanks!

Dispute to Credit Bureaus

It will come off within 30 days!! It's that simple. Don't forget to Send a copy of the document showing discharge of bankruptcy with your dispute.

Public Records Question

1)  My lawyer started to file for bankruptcy for us then apparently decided not to.  So now, there is a public record on my credit report that shows it was filed on Aug 17, 2011 and then dismissed on Aug 23, 2011 for $0.  I tried to get it removed stating it was an incorrect filing but both credit reports stated it was correct.  

2)  State Tax Lein - there is a state tax lein in the amount of $0 that was filed on 10 - 23, 2006.  I am assuming I should just let that drtop off on its own or contact the credit bureaus if it doesnt.  But what the heck???  Why is that there in the first place???

3)  Legal items / collections - is it better for my credit to pay these items?  Will they stay on there forever if I dont pay them?  Trying to figure out how to get my score up.  

I have tried the trick of disputing the collections by stating NO CONTRACT...well...that did nothing.  My credit in the last 3 years is perfect...this was all stuff that happened with my ex husband who took me for everything that I had.  HELP

My bankruptcy from 12 years ago is still showing up on my credit reports.  Since it hasn't been removed automatically, where do I write to get this done?

My bankruptcy is still showing up on my credit reports, and it's been 12  years.  Why hasn't it been removed, and how do I contact them to request for it to be removed?

Why is bankruptcy public record? After 7 - 10 years when it comes off my credit report, will it still be public record?

bankruptcy

when dose my come off

nemf9139

they will drop off 7yre from the date you filed

ArmyBoatGuy

I copied this from the FICO website.

Chapter 7 & 13:How long will negative information remain on my credit report?

It depends on the type of negative information. Here's the basic breakdown of how long different types of negative information will remain on your credit report:

• Late payments: 7 years
  • Bankruptcies: 7 years for completed Chapter 13 bankruptcies and 10 years for Chapter 7 bankruptcies.
  • Foreclosures: 7 years
  • Collections: Generally, about 7 years, depending on the age of the debt being collected.
  • Public Record: Generally 7 years, although unpaid tax liens can remain indefinitely.

Keep in mind:
For all of these negative items, the older they are the less impact they are going to have on your FICO® score. For example, a collection that is 5 years old will hurt much less than a collection that is 5 months old.

ka

when you be able to buy house bankruptcy chapter 7

Bankruptcy remove in April 2016 been 7 y

This should be off my credit report April 22 2016 my lawyer said 7 years they have to remove it from my files

where does the bankruptcy show on report. i filed 10 years ago in december 2005 and received paper i was discharged in fed 2006. i don't see anything on my report.

Credit repair

I work at a credit repair. Yes it does cost to get your credit cleaned up from all 3 agencies. But it does work! Including BKs

I filed one time in the past, it will come off.  You do not have to do anything.  If it continues on your record for more than a month, report it to the credit bureaus.

hitch****49

i file for bankruptcy  jul 2009 discharge oct 2009. my question is whats' make or determines whether it is 7 or 10 yrs. once it is discharge can you have it removed as well. or will thqat just be hard to do.

sarasf

If you filed chapter 7, as it appears you did given the discharge date, it stays on your credit report for 10 years.  Chap 13 remains for 7 years.

youth early/help

I filed chapter 13 in 2011. File bankruptcy and be done with it. You will never catch up paying 10.00 mo. It's cheaper to pay 1200 to file than keep having to worry. People just don't know, what seeing all those bills and INTEREST pile up every month. B e smart this time. File.

So how many years is it 7 or 10 ?

For chapter 7? One person says 7 the next says ten???

dwfesler

Chapter 7 is 10 years, Chapter 13 is 7 years

chapter 11 removal

If we completed the paper work for chapter 11 and found that we did not needed it could the filing be removed if we did not gain any benefit from the filling. 

My CK report says I just have 4 collections on file. Today I recieved a letter from a collector reducing initial debt of about 5K to about $440 bucks total. How can I be sure this is not a scam. All my debt started in 2007. Lost job and everything else. Most of the debt has been dismissed. I have about $1,400 in debt as of today and plan to pay it all off in about 6 months. My question don't want to pay a vulture that knows about debt and tries to leach off of credit building citizens like I'm trying to do. THANKS ANYBODY, EVERYBODY.

76006

When you pay the Collector...make your check out to collection co & debtor  EXAMPLE...

ABC Collections/ Pain Management Associates

123 paymey

boston, ma 12300

76006

BTW...keep original copy of agreement letter (mail back a copy if using "snailmail) with you check number written on it.

keep that cancelled check & original agreement letter for 10 years as your proof of payment

76006

in memo write: paid in full per agreement...report/remove from credit bureaus

transunion has removed my bankruptcy after 7 years. equifax has refused to remove it at this point.

Bankruptcies

How llong does Chapter 13 Bankruptcy stays on your credit report

testtest

setest

Bankruptcy 2010

I filed for bankruptcy in 2010 and have since re-establised a good credit standing. As of this month it will have been 7 years and would like it removed, is there a way to remove it prior to the ten years?

When was it Changed to 10 years

I throught a chapeter 7 went of in 7 years then it was change to 10 years not sure when they changed it..

Ms. M. White

Yes, it will come off the month you file in that year.

<"testi">

<'fio'>thats it

<test>

Derrogatory entires off at 7 years

While a Chapter 7 will remain on your credit for 10 years, the derrogaroty entries from each individual creditor in which was "included in bankruptcy" is required to be removed at the 7 year point.  I just sent certifeid/return receipt to all 3 bureaus asking if I needed to request the removal or if it was automatic.  I just received confirmation from Trans Union that all of the derrogatory entries were scheduled to be removed next month, the 84th month since the Chapter 7 filing.  I am hoping to receive the same affirmation from the other two agencies.