Question

stag3

wife is 20k in debt and just lost her job, is BK the best option?
she's decided to go back to school full time, she potentially will be looking for a part time job but as she's currently out of a job, the best time to consult a BK attorney is now. will she have a chance @ chapter 7?

we did not have joint accounts so i had no idea she was in this much debt. but i guess it's a good thing as it won't affect me, everything is in my name. this is straight up CC debt for her.

also she's fine with it sitting on her report for 10 years as i hope she's learned her lesson that you can get laid off @ anytime and it's better to not carry debt.

I'm not big on anyone filing for bankruptcy, particularly if you are thinking about buying a house sometime in the future.  If you already have/own a home, then maybe it makes sense.  In the "old days" a husband was responsible for his wife's debt but not the other way around.  I don't know if that's still the case.

stag3

we already have a house, it's in my name only