Question

milehiguyww

Why would my score go down after negative info got removed from my report?
I've been working for the past several months to get six medical collection accounts removed from my report, because they should never have been there. (My insurance incorrectly processed dozens of claims as "out of network" that should have been "in network," sticking me with almost $4000 in bills when I should only have been responsible for about $500 in copays.) I finally got the insurance company to admit they were wrong and reprocess the claims. The provider who had sent the bills to collection agreed to remove the collections accounts. There were also a couple other errors I was able to have corrected like late payments being reported on accounts I never paid late. In the meantime, a foreclosure I had seven years ago just dropped off my report as expected. I was doing this all because I'm getting ready to refinance my house. But somehow my credit score is WORSE than before! My credit score today, April 30th is 66 points LOWER than it was on April 18th when there were six open collection accounts, an installment loan with two late payments, and a foreclosure!! I have one open credit card that I have paid on time since it was opened 10 months ago. And my balance is less than $100 on a $1000 limit. This makes absolutely no sense! Why would my score go DOWN when all the NEGATIVE information got REMOVED from my report??

That doesn't make any sense, none at all. I strongly advise you to check to see what your FICO scores are, it may be a different story with them.