Question

Quarkette

Why would my score drop almost 40 points after buying a house if only my husband is on mortgage?
We bought a house in Feb. Because I'm at a new job, my income couldn't be used for our mortgage application. My husband is the only one on the loan, but I am on the deed. My score dropped almost 40 points! Is this normal? My other balances are better than they were when I pulled from the bureaus 10 months ago (new here).

It could be from other things, have you looked over your reports for any changes. Have you checked your FICO scores to see what they have done? Did you apply for a mortgage loan at all and get "hard inquiries". Sorry I don't have a good answer, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head.