Question

creeljeff

Why would my credit score drop 30 points after having an old collection account drop off?
My score was around 643 had a new credit account open which gave me great utilization with my cards and even had a card raise the limit $600 then I had an old account that ran its course in collections of 7 years and it fell off. After all this I check my score and it dropped 30 points to poor credit why did this happen?

Most Helpful Response

You need to inquire and investigate this with the credit reporting agency's. My opinion is they are all a sham and don't care at all what is paid off in full and deleted off of our credit report's? Just what is not paid in a timely manner or deliquent. You just have to keep bugging the credit report agency's to fix it. That's the only way to do it or should I say that's the way I had to do it for months before it was finally fixed. Good luck!