Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

taz9696

why would my auto insurance score be low if i have a high credit rating

Reason for my score going down

What is the reason for my score going down?  What would cause this?

Reply

I have a high credit score and a poor auto insurance score. But I qualify for the lowest auto insurance rates.  i asked, and the insurance company has no idea wtf is up with this auto insurance score. 

SupressedUW

I work for an insurance company.  Here is the deal, they are not going to discuss with you your score and rating.  Customer Service & Underwriters have a concept of the rating but it is determined by the upper levels within the organization. The agents (if this is a company that has agents in the field) should be able  & willing to explain this to you (as your agent) in regards to how the system is tiered in their company (that is if they have taken the time themselves to educate themselves).  Either way, you can be viewed as a "preferred client" due to your credit score but still have a poor auto insurance rating, generally being due to your demographics, zip code you live in, how the territory is rated (again company use)--meaning what are the odds of claims being filed in county X  vs.  county R.    I hope this helped, even though it is not fair in some cases and then in others seems confusing if your over analyzing your score vs. the cost of your insurance.