Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

RickH8

Why would my auto insurance rating go down without any tickets or accidents
Score went from 903 to 880 between Aug 12 to Feb 13

Most Helpful Response

Possible answer

The most likely answer is hard inquiries on your credit report.  I had multiple hard inquiries when I was searching for a car loan and my insurance score dropped 40 points in that one month period.  It had to be that because nothing else on my credit report.  I've also read that in some insurance rate models, multiple inquiries are seen as risky behavior and they correlate risky credit behavior to risky driving behavior.  Seems like they're stretching it, but they're getting away with it.

credit karma is JUST WRONG with there score reporting.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!