Question

Socal748

Why was my unpaid account removed....
I am in the process of cleaning up my credit report. I have 1 account with a University that I was holding off on paying because there were others I wanted to pay off first. Just last week, I received a notification that this account was removed from all 3 of of credit reports This account was first reported in 2012 and I haven't paid it. Why would cause this account to be removed from all 3 credit reports?

Should I just consider this an early Christmas present and let it go?!

Who knows, maybe it is an early Christmas present (hopefully so) or they sold the account to a collection company. I would do nothing for now and hope for the best and if you get a notice from a collection company then offer them a full payment or whatever they will accept to not put it on your credit reports.

what was the result

i had the same thing happen.  3 unpaid medical bills were removed this week.  i was told they coulda been wiped off or sold.  wondering if they are gone for good or if ill start getting mail from someone else