Question

PaperT

Why was i forced to take credit card?
I Applied for a Barclay rewards card. Why do i have to take whatever interest rate and credit limit they deem me worthy of ?
The offer they made me was not acceptable. Now I'm being punished with a negative hit for having to cancel a card just because i was curious what offer they would give me.

Most Helpful Response

Zero Interest Rate.

I for one could care less about what the interest rate is they offer. Why don't I care?  Well I Never Carry a Balance so it's a 0 ZERO Interest Rate for me. Those are my Terms,  Never Carry a Balance on any CC.

It's all in how you look at it.   If I know I can't pay something off before the Due Date then I don't need it.  Simple as that.

Credit History takes time, so does your Credit Score.

like howie said if you pay in full every month interest rate means nothing.....because you won't be charged anything

It is your personal choice as to what card you might consider taking.  If you look at the cards listed under the Credit Card tab, you'll find reviews on cards and can make choices that way.  No one "forced" you to take a card.  You do have free will.

PaperT

I wrote them back immediately and told them if they couldn't do better than 18.9% I didn't want their card. They wrote me back and told me I haven't had the account long enough to receive any special offers. I told them I don't have an account with you I have not accepted your offer yet. They wrote me back and told me when I applied for the card I was excepting what ever offer they deemed me worthy of. I think I should have a right to except what offer they make me. How was I supposed to know what interest-rate they were going to offer me until I applied.