Question

SoNotMe

Why the difference? Is Credit Karma fake?
I just applied for a home loan last week. Credit Karma says my Transunion score is 650 and has said the same for about 6 months now. My credit scores just came in the mail from the bank and my Transunion score is actually 697! If Credit Karma gets their info from Transunion - including your credit score - then why are they so far off? What good is this website if all the information they give you is wrong and all they do is try to sell you credit offers? I was beginning to despair watching Credit Karma every month and not seeing ANY change in my credit score, and now I find they've been competely wrong all the time! I just updated my score AGAIN and it still says 650! What is wrong with this picture???

Most Helpful Response

CK said my sister was a 624  went to the dealership TU score 730 TU fico auto beacon. Ck good for examining habits not real FICO scores.

Inconsistency

I have been given scores of 711-737 by credit karma for the last few years. Now it shows (since their purchase by transunion?) in the mid 600's with little change on my part, and the history chart shows I have not been close to even 700 for over a year?

Your score changes regularly. Kindof a stupid question but did you click on the update button?

SoNotMe

Yes, I update my score on Credit Karma every two weeks at least, and my score has never changed but once on the last 6 months when it dropped 4 points because I used more than half of my available credit on my credit card.  I had the bank raise my credit limit and it was back to 650 the next month.  It has been 650 on credit for more than half a year other than that one occurance.   As I said in my posted question, I just updated my score yesterday and it still says '650', but Transunion says my score is 697.  So why the vast difference between what Credit Karma reports and what Transunion actually is?

fake scores

i checked with my credit union, 2 banks ,3 dealerships all of which,showed a 40 point higher score. also my family saw the same thing. but what the hell this site is free