Question

Candicesimone

Why should I pay my collections if it hurts me?
Besides paying my debts, whats the point if it won't raise your score. I've paid about 10 of them off before reading it won't help and the last 5 I tried a pay to delete and failed on all, so now I just have 10 that will say paid but brought the date recent. How can I get these removed now? Also I see a lot of people say to just let it roll off in 7 years and not pay and its better. Well what happens if in year 6 the sue you and now you have a judgment on your credit along with the original bill being more than doubled? I don't get all this credit stuff, please help me fix mine.

Paid always good, collections not!

The fact that some of your bills went to collectioins indicates a lack of concern for obligations.  Credit accounts are, in reality, ,loans that must be repaid.  You were able to get goods and/or services using those "loans"  because you didn't have the cash in hand, so now it's time to pay for those items you purchased.  Having any account shoiw "Paid" is far better than "charged off".

You're not going to get those accounts removed as long as they are YOUR accounts, so quit trying. Just pay for what you've purchased and get on with life.  Trying to get things without paying for them is irresponsible.

When you apply for credit, you are signing a contract agreeing to make payments on any and all purchases/services you obtain using the accounts.  If you don't, expect  collectioins calls and possible lawsuits.  

The seven year mark is the longest credit accounts that are no longer active can remain on credit reports before falling off.

Read some of the articles on this site so you can better understand credit and what you must do to have and maintain good credit.   I do wish the schools would teach financial management so more people would learn to be more responsible.  That way the rest of us might get lower interest rates when we borrow.