Question

dcarter12068

why should i link my accounts to credit karma
im kind of nervous about linking my credit card accounts to credit karma...why do people do this....and why doesn't my account balance's change on credit karma.....I have paid a lot of my balance's and it doesn't show up

Most Helpful Response

Linking accounts=more complete info

Without linking your accounts, your balance will show what is reported monthly to the credit agencies.  If you link your accounts, you get daily updates as well as a convenient place to see all the transactions.  The graphs are much more interesting too.

It did take me a while to decide to trust Credit Karma with my logon information.  But now that I have, I'm happy with the information I see.  Also, what a malicious person could do with my credit card logon information seems fairly limited.

But as jwsister notes, you don't need to link accounts and you will still (eventually) see updates of the balances.

Linking is a choice, not requirement.

There is free will in this situation.  If you don't want to link your accounts to this site, you don't have to.  It's that simple.

reply

it takes about 30 days for new data to catch up especially when it comes to credit card payoffs.    But it will