Question

YouKnowMoreThanMe

Why not all credit cards & loans appear on credit report?
I get regular reports letting me know if there is any suspicious activity in my credit report, but hadn't ever gotten my credit score number. I never had a need for it I guess. Never bought a house. But signed up for Credit Karma and see that only 2 items appear in the Credit Card section of the reports -- the car loan for my 2001 card that I paid off long ago and my Gap Store credit card, which I very rarely have used. But I also have a Macy's card and a Sears card and my primary credit card -- my Citibank MasterCard. None of those appear. I also used to have an American Express card, but not in the last 20 years. And I did have a loan to repair the roof of my mother's house -- paid off also about 20 years ago. Oh, and a student loan from college paid off well before it was completely due -- that was 30 years ago. I pay my MasterCard bill in full each month. I pay every bill within the month it arrives. I always thought of myself as having EXCELLENT credit, but the report says I have "Good" credit and the credit card section of Credit Karma's report designates my credit in that area as "Very Poor". So... being unfamiliar with credit reports, I want to know if the reason those items don't appear on the credit report are because they are either very long ago or because there was never a balance carried over more than a month. Thanks in advance for any enlightenment about this. There is undoubtedly someone who knows more than i do about this.

2001 "Car" not card

Frustrating that this system doesn't allow for editing out typos. Of course I meant car loan for my "2001 CAR" and not "2001 card".