Question

JazzCaligirl12

Why my score dropped by 20 after paying off car loan on time for 36months?
Now that I paid off my car loan (36 months and paid on time monthly) in January 2017 made my last payment I noticed it's reported on my credit as "closed". Also, my credit score dropped by 20 points. I am so mad!! Working HARD to get the score up (so I can purchase a home this year 2017) and this drop just now set me back. So my question is, was this supposed to happen, meaning once the car (or any loan) is paid off they the creditor will report it as "closed" (instead of reporting it "paid as agreed")? And 2) is my score supposed to drop too? Forgive me as I am now new to this and as I am now paying attention to the little things and the little details. Thanks and looking forward to your response,

If you have not read the articles here, I advise doing so, since you need to understand how credit works.  20 points is just a 'burp' and is not a major change, especially under the Vantage score system.