Question

hmdemarzino

Why isn't utilization showing?
My credit card reported on the 3rd I payed off my balance by the 1st currently credit karma says my utilization was a zero why? I want to show at least something to prove I'm using the card. My score didn't even move. People say carrying a balance is bad but this isn't proving that.

Half the people say don't leave balance then half do. Then some say the highest utilization you've used in the month will be used

If you paid your balance off on the 1st to leave a zero balance and the credit card company reported your balance two days after this, I am not sure why you would expect anything other than a zero balance reported unless you charged something on the account between paying it to zero and the 3rd. Next month show a couple dollar balance on and around the third. There is no need to carry a balance that causes you to pay interest. Just charge a few bucks to the card before the reporting date.

I advise taking the time to fully utilize this site by reading the articles and using the financial tools here.  Utilization percentages often depend on when you make the payment, and there is such a thing as paying too soon as you will learn.