Question

IDamian

Why isn't the word FICO mentioned anywhere?
What is it and how does it relate to my credit scores, and why is mine 783 while my credit ratings are 810 and 804? At the FICO place the two reasons given are 1) My credit history is not long enough (The place which indicates the FICO score is where I JUST applied for and received 2 new credit cards, BUT my history has been around for 35 years, so HOW CAN THEY USE THAT AS AN EXCUSE for downgrading my score if it was downgraded. I clearly do not understand the relationship between FICO scores and CREDIT RATINGS. DOES ANYONE? HEre is the quote " either because of the relatively short length of time their credit has been established or the small number of loan records reported") This site is supposed to help understand" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWnF0Uk2dxM&feature=youtu.be But it doesn't help me one bit! 2) They say "Lack of recent installment loan information". HOW is THIS possible if I have 14 credit cards and all are in use!
Okay, yes I understand that my situation is good overall, credit wise , but it still does not explain that I had a Plus 820 FICO score in February and now I don't.

"2) They say "Lack of recent installment loan information". HOW is THIS possible if I have 14 credit cards and all are in use!" -- Those aren't installment loans. An installment loan is something like a car loan, or a personal loan from a bank, or--I think--a mortgage. You're supposed to have a mix of account types for the best ratings. My scores suffer a little because I have neither a mortgage nor a car loan. Owning a $1.6 million home, and a vehicle, outright is apparently not as impressive as having a mortgage and car loan. Oh well!

.

Regarding FICO scores versus credit ratings--they're all the same thing, sort of, i.e., they're all assigning a number/score to your credit rating. There are several different methods used for calculating credit scores; FICO is one of them. But even "FICO" isn't just one thing--there are variants, such as FICO 8. Here's a summary: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versions-and-variations/td-p/1197617  The bottom line is that it's NORMAL for scores to vary from one agency to another.

2) They say "Lack of recent installment loan information". HOW is THIS possible if I have 14 credit cards and all are in use! 

Credit cards aren't installement accounts, they are revolving accounts.  Installment accounts are auto loans, student loans, personal loans, etc..