Question

azcatlady

Why isn't my student loan listed on my credit report?
I know I still owe on my student loan and have been recently making payment to a collection agency; why isn't listed on my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

My guess is the collection agency doesn't report to TransUnion.  You can check and see if it is showing up on another bureau's report by going to www.annualcreditreport.com and pulling one from Experian or Equifax.  Not all creditors report to all three bureaus.  Each bureau charges creditors a monthly fee to report data.

Have you checked to see if you're eligible for forbearance or lower payments on your student loan?  Great new programs are available and I know lots of folks have found relief by calling Crest at 469-619-0644.  No cost to check it out, takes about 10 minutes.  I don't work for them, but have heard great things.  Best of luck!