Question

Deweyrsj2

why isn't my score changing using the simulator?
When I select pay off cc balances and increase credit limit the credit simulator says my score will increase, but it doesn't...fwiw, score is low :/

Simulator is a teaching tool

The simulator is not going to change your score for you any more than a flight simulator will get you a pilot's license or a driving simulator would qualify you for the Indy 500.  You have to take the appropriate actions  before a credit score will change.  And it may take a couple of months for that to show up.

I had 3 credit cards with high interest rate (and low credit limits) and the simulator showed I'd get a higher score if I got another credit car with 0% interest and I consolidated the cards.  My new card gave me a lower interest rate and the 0% interest is for a year, so the balances on those cards will be paid off soon.  My other cards get used occasionally and they are paid in full with every statement.

Use the simulator as a "what if" tool so you can see what actions will be beneficial.

Simulator doesn't explain everything

If I pay down debt by a thousand dollars, then on the simulator my score increases. If I pay $5000.00, then my score decreases. I think a credit score is about balancing debt factors of which account balances are only one factor.

Simulator

I used the simulator to see what my score would possible be right after I paid all my CC off, and it did nothing. I was wondering if something was wrong with it.