Question

chaitime

Why isn't Experian included with the credit scoring?
I apologize if this was stated already and I missed it. Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Response

hoeboy1

Just checked my Protect My ID by Experian. It's intresting that I applied for a Lowes Card and got it in SECONDS, but they show it TWICE-the same date and everthing. They are plainly trying to get me to purchase a Credit Report from them so I will have a Credit Report NUMBER-required to file a dispute! Two hard Credit Checks are twice as bad for my score, so they are giving me a reason to disspute it! It is all a matter of making money for them.

There can be no other reason for applying for a Credit Card should show up twice-the same card on the same date-making it two Hard Credit Checks therefore hurting my credit rating. They think that I will pay them for a credit report so I can have a Credit Repot Number to file a dispute by. You can't file a dispute without the Report Number, and there is no reason they should have listed the same action TWICE exceept to get the Money for a new Credit Report. If everyone would quit paying this ransom money, they would give up to Credit Karma, unless they own Credit Karma!

hoeboy1

Probably because they own the site! I don't know this for a fact, but it is highly likely. I have Protect My Id and it is owned by one of the three big Credit Reporting Agencies. Even when they report something hard on my Credit, like a Hard Credit Check, they won't help you on little bit. They want to sell you a Credit Report so you will have a Credit Report NUMBER to file a claim against.

What kills me is a card you haven't used since 2002 is still on your record and you KNOW that you were never late paying, they have many months that they have no records either postive or negitave on the records, yet you are automatically assumed to be delinquent in payment!

If I haven't used a card since 2002, that should be a good sign that I paid the danged thing off and got rid of the yearly fees for the right to use their card when other are offering free yearly useage!

It makes little difference what your payment record is! It's what gets reported or don't get reported. It makes no since to me that the more credit cards you have, the higher the Credit Score goes. It would make more since if you had fewer Cards and they were forced to report all or nothing. Someone should get a handle on these companies that can ruin you with their careless reporting. I have cards that go for months showing NA instead of OK. That means they have no record of those moths, but are assumed to be late. Well, how late are they? One day or 30?

So, don't sweat it. You won't be denied credit reguardless of your score! Anyone can get Credit to buy a car or anything else. You may ave to pay a few point more, but in the end it won't be enough to make a difference or the Government would be on them to REPORT ALL ACTIVITY OR NOTHING!

Because

They aren't part of the CK system.