Question

bighurk1

why is your sight a scam
i payed off all my debt and my credit card two months ago so why is my credit score still the same on your sight.

Most Helpful Response

In addition to roy2ohio's great advice, please be aware that there are five factors to your credit score, so there is a good chance something else affected it as well (did you shop for some credit? increase the balance on a credit card?)  Also, if you CLOSED the accounts that you paid off, that is a hit against your credit because now you've lost that available credit and your utilization is messed up.  Visit www.myfico.com to see how your FICO score is calculated.  

Creditkarma does not determine your credit scores.  CreditKarma only reports to you what is reported to them by the 3 credit agencies.   This holds especially true with Transunion.   If there are no changes on your CreditKarma scores, then your payments were not enough to trigger any major changes with the 3 agencies.  Either that, or your creditors haven't updated your credit reports fully.  They usually do update once a month, but they don't have to.  I currently have a creditor on my report that hasn't updated my account in 3 months.

I normally don't carry large balances on my credit cards.  However, this is one of the few months where I acutally have zero balances reported on all my cards.  My scores didn't increase even a single point.

A scam?  There is no scam here.  If you want to point fingers, then point at your creditors or perhaps even at yourself.  Pull a copy of your credit report and see for yourself what's going on.

mthiran

I second roy2ohio's response.

I did not enter CK with the best of credit scores, but by actually reading the forums and the tip's CK gave me , I have been able to go from a barely fair score to a good score in 17 months.

If CK is a scam, it is such a good scam it works.

Quick Tip:  Read your report Score Card and all related tips.

CK: is like Shake and bake... I did it, but they sure helped.