Question

pirmohsen

why is your credit scores are totally different from actual reports by Equifax and TransJnion!?

Hi primohosen,

Credit Karma doesn't calculate any credit scores. We purchase the scores directly from 2 major credit bureaus: Equifax and TransUnion. The scores are calculated using the VantageScore 3.0 model. There are hundreds of diferent credit score models, and no 2 are exactly alike. Comparing scores calculated using different models is "apples to oranges" and not very helpful. 

If you'd like to learn more about our score model, you can do so here: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/VantageScore-3-0

Credit scores

I strongly belive that Credit Karma gathers its information except the scores from the actual reporting companies like Equifax and TransUnion and formulates its own opionion and calculates a score based on their own system which has nothing to do what is actually reported by the other legitimate comapnies . That results in misinformation of such data to its consumers like me and I am sure , there are many others. I am in finance bussiness and I know how important it is to have accurate information.

CK is not a credit bureau!

The entire purpose of Credit Karma is to TEACH people how credit works and how to build a good credit score. To do that, information from Transunion is used to give an "approximate" credit score so that you can ust the financial tools provided here to see how changes effect your score.  The information provided here is for your use only and is not distributed to anyone else.

The information provided here is provided for free thanks to the generosity of the advertisers (the credit cards shown here) who paid the costs of creating and maintaining this site.  To see your actual credit score that most businesses use, go to myfico.com, pay their fee and you can get it. Or go to each of the three credit bureaus, pay their fee, and you can get your credit score as each of them have calculated it.

Personally, I have learned a lot from this site, put many suggestions into action, and have an excellent credit score now. Not bad from a free site.

pirmohsen

I appreciate the responses provided by you and Credit Karma , by using this site , I have accomplished a lot even though the scores are still different from the credit reporting agencies, but I should admit , this is a great tool and by monitoring my history < I have managed to push my scores over 700. thnaks again for the responses and advise.