Question

adel0930

why is old republic running a hard inquiry without my permission?
who are they? Are they stealing my identity. Do I file a police report?

Most Helpful Response

Old Republic Possible Fraud?

My husband and I are having the same issue. unfortuantly when going to contact the number provided its a dial up tone and on the website the  contact us portion justg so happens to be down. 

You need to contact them and ask why they did that.  Also, go online to www.annualcreditreport.com and dispute the inquiry with all three bureaus.  If you think your identity has been stolen, you can freeze your credit at that same website.

Who is Old Republic Credit?

Old Republic also recently did a "hard inquiry" on my credit. I have no idea who they are, or why they're checking my credit, which caused my FICO score to go down 25 points. :-(