Question

drgonzalez94

Why is my Transunion.com credit score drastically higher than my CK score?
My TU score on CK shows as being 659, and Transunion.com puts my score at 734. Is there any particular reason for this discrepancy? I work at a bank, and based on our credit guidelines for our unsecured personal loan, (a loan we offer just on your signature - no financials) that's the difference between 24.995 APR and 6.24% APR. Or the difference between 9.79% APR and 1.99% APR on an auto loan If I were to apply for a loan like this, what kind of rate would I ACTUALLY be looking at. We pull only TU for our consumer loan products but now after this experience, I feel I've been misguiding my clients by telling them to use CK as it is generally accurate. If I were to apply for this loan (theoretically - as an example), which of these credit scores would my underwriter see?

CK: http://s27.postimg.org/4uw3sk1hf/Credit_Karma.png
TU: http://s7.postimg.org/8txrqa0y3/Transunion.png

Thanks,

Dan

Credit Karma is showing the TransUnion and Equifax VantageScore 3.0  Credit Score.

TransUnion is showing the VantageScore 1.0 or 2.0 Version 

These are different versions Credit Score models.

If you look closely CK shows the Range of the Score from 300 - 850

while TransUnion shows the Range of the Score from 501 - 990   " This is a hint that it is the Older Version 1. or 2 of the Vantage Score "

The information here on CreditKarma is good to see if someones credit scores are trending up or down.  as for who uses the VantageScore 3 credit model is all up to the lendor.

I do not think the underwriter would not be using any of these scores here, but woud base it on a FICO Credit Score model and there are many of those.

icuhowie is right - these are 2 different score models with different score ranges. It is an "apples to oranges" comparison. 

Missed it!

Ah! thank you! I don't know how I missed that they were different Vantage Score versions the first time. In other news, CK just updated and is showing my TU vantage 3.0 score to be 695! Isn't a 130+ point increase in less than 2 months quite unusual? My CK score was sitting in the 560's late december (having dropped from the initial 670 due to a collection that reported which I'm in the process of disputing.

Thanks,

Dan