Question

Posted in Taxes

PDUARTE

Why is my tax dept still on my credit report. I payed this off in 2008?
They sent a letter out in 2008 that my taxes were payed. (IRS)

taxes

I would like to know why this tax dept is still on my report?

jwsister

That is what is known as "Public Record" and it will remain on your credit report for 7 years from the date the tax payment was recorded.  This is required under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which iws a federal regulation.  It cannot be removed until then because it is a part of your credit history.  Sorry.