Question

jerry327755

why is my score going down if I make all my payments on time?
I'm making all my payments on time and my scores keeps going down l, why is that happening?? It's not fair, in that case I would only pay the minimum balance and stop using those credit cards.

Most Helpful Response

Making your payments on time is very, very important, one of the most important aspects of your credit score but it is not the ONLY variable. 

Credit Card Utilization (how much credit you are using in relation to how much credit you have) also have a VERY high impact on your credit score. How high in your utilization? Anything over 20% will be hurting your score - ideal is 1-10%.

Don't  just throw your hands up in the air. LEARN about how credit scores work and fix what is hurting your score. Look at your "Credit Report Card" on your CK account - that will show you, in general, where things are hurting you.

oh that will show them when you just make the min payments. oh Yeah,   NOT!