Question

frozenfire98

Why is my real credit score so much lower than what CK shows?
CK shows my score as in the high 600s. So I thought I was doing good. Got my credit score from Discover after mistakenly believing I qualified due to CK, and mine is like 580. WAY different, and now I got dinged again because I believed I had better credit than I did and would qualify for the card. Why is there such a disconnect, and how can CK claim they're giving us an average of our scores between the two companies, when judging from posts everywhere, quite a few of us are being misled?

Take the time to read the articles and other information on this site since the purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people about how credit works and how to improve their score, and this information is a real help for those who pay attention and also exercise caution in using credit. There is no "one size fits all" credit score.  Did you see a guarantee that you would have that when you signed up?  I didn't and wasn't expecting one.  But I read, used the financial tools, made the needed changes and my score rose rather quickly, and the benefits are great!  Just got a new car and I'm on a fixed income.