Question

Volvo8

Why is my husbands cards listed on my credit?
My husbands has many more cards than I. His is showing as part of my credit.I pay my cards off every month. With his showing on my score, it makes my score much lower.

I have the same problem.  My husband put me down as authorized user because I didn't have my own credit cards and now it shows up on my credit report.  I now have my own cards and he's slow paying his and I'm concerned it's dragging my score down plus he uses them to the max!

Most Helpful Response

If his accounts are showing up on your credit report then you are either on the account as a  joint account holder or authorized user.

My uderstanding is authorized users are entitled to use the credit extended to the card holder, but have no legal responsibility. ( But have head different on the legal responsibility)  then there are Joint account holders that share ownership of the account and both are liable for repaying the debt.

Hope that Helps.

Credit History takes time so does your Credit Score.

Volvo8

Thank you, so if I am an authorized user, will that show up as an "authorized user" if someone runs my credit?

Well his accounts show up on my credit .

I understand, but do not think it should be that way as he uses my accounts too and  they are not on his credit report.