Question

catsthree

Why is my home insurance score Very Poor?
Credit score is 773, everything is right up there EXCEPT homeowners ins score, which rates very poor. Have never filed an insurance claim and pay all bills on time. What gives???

Most Helpful Response

homeowner's insurance explanation is me

Like another person said-Credit Karma and other reporting agencies- have this backwards! In the rest of the world-- a "poor" rating means that you are likely to file an insurance claim NOT that the likelyhood is you won't file a claim. I pay my auto and home insurance once a year and in full and yet my ratings are poor! Fix the tools that don't work and get ones that do their job right and don't mess up our total credit report and credit score.

HUh?

I don't file claims on my Homeowners insurance. I pay my insurance bills. So I rate a "poor" and this is good? Insane!

Huh????

This is insane! I'm a good customer, so I'm a "poor" risk? Please fix it. I just flipped when I saw this today! Not cool.

same question.

I have the same question. I dont eve havve my own house. I am a college students. 

There is a description that is right above your credit score on the home insurance credit tab? If you didn’t see it, I have pasted it below. For auto ins and home ins, a poor rating just means you are NOT likely to issue an insurance claim. It does not reflect your payment status.

Home Insurance Score. This score ranges from 150 to 950. It is calculated using data from your TransUnion credit report and is used primarily by home insurance companies to help assess the likelihood that you’ll file an insurance claim. Learn more about different credit scores.

Mable8

No credit reporting agency has the right to determine if a homeowner's insurance is "poor" or otherwise unless they contact the homeowner's insurance agency OR the insurance agency files like any other business about poor premium payment history etc.  Credit reporting agencies take too many liberties against a person and in the process, manage to ruin many good folks. 

Soulforce1

Spencki, Thanks for stating the obvious. We can all see the explanation that Credit Karma has plainly posted. The rpoblem with their explanation is that is doesn't give any reasoning or useful explanation regarding what factors are considered or how to improve one's score. What we all want to know is why our home insurance scores don't reflect our good credit histories, our good payment histories, and our no-claim histories. Your assertion that the poor rating indicates we are NOT likely to file a claim is absurdly backward. A POOR rating score on this site and others consistently means that a person is considered a POOR insurance risk and LIKELY to file a claim, not the other way around. Good try though! The only reasonable explanation I could find was a post on the auto insurance thread that asked the same question. It seems that both home and auto insurance scores are in Beta and likely are not functioning correctly. I agree with other posters that we should all complain to Credit Karma so they will remove the faulty tools. If the insurance scoring tools don't work properly and fail to reflect an accurate assessment, they should be removed from the site rather than display bad data!

This is FARKED

I bought a house in July. Have been paying on time and faithfully; actually split up the payments to save interest so i pay twice a month. Why would my credit for my HOME INSURANCE  be POOR? 807 Credit Rating: Poor ????   I have never placed a home insurance claim and my credit is very good 740.  this is just rediculous --really?  I buy a house and get punished? paid off my student loan in full ; payments are alwasy ON TIME and more than they should be?  WTF? Who is in charge of this Sh*T?  

I wanna know because this is total BS Credit KARMA. Get your head of our your A**