Question

Gigglingoth

why is my gas bill listed as a personal loan?
This is something completely odd. My gas company's bill is listed here as a personal loan? How is a utility bill any sort of a loan?

Utility as person loan

This gas bill is from 1974. I continue to use the same gas company and pay my bills on a monthly basis.  I never had an issue with the company,  even if I did, why would it take 40 years to register in my account?

dumfounded

I obtained all three credit reports to make sense of this 40 year old debt. I found that 1974 is when the account was opened, $50  was the required deposit and it  shows that the $50 was paid, This is an ongoing account so the $50 showing now is not from 1974, it is the current bill that is not due yet.  I was also able to confirm that I have no negative accounts on file, likewise I have no Collections on file.  Perhaps the wording could have been better.

not really

Some companies do this but it is very rare. The only time it shows up on your credit is if you go into collections for non payment. Utilities, phones and renting only report the negative. They will however, give you a letter of recommendation.

Ok then again this is even more odd

Considering I'v never been late and pay it the day the bill arrives. I've never been in collections with them or anyone for that matter

Well, considering that I am 100% on time

So then that makes less sense considering I'm 100% on time with 100% of all bills except my student loan (which Im fighting with the school and loan company over)