Question

merrillsteven

Why is my credit score stuck?
For over a year my score on Credit Karma has hoverered around 695-698 rarely changing more than a single point at a time. Prior to this my score often fluctuated quite widely with a high of 710 and a low of 630. My credit report card shows A's in every category except Credit Age (C: 4 yrs 1 mo) and Credit Inquiries (B: 1 inquiry).

The strange part about this is that other times when my score has been over 700 my credit report card grades were actually worse than they are now. In fact, in Jul 2012 when my score averaged 710, my payment history was only 96%! Now it is 100%, but my score refuses to go above 700.

Did something change in the way scores are calculated between then and now, or is there something that isn't being shown on Credit Karma that is "blocking" my score from going past a certain threshold?

We don't know the details behind how the TransUnion New Account Model or VantageScore weighs different factors or if it has changed over time.  Scores are based on the data in your reports though.  What were your report like when your scores were changing?  How are your reports now?