Question

parrotreporting

Why is my credit score not increasing, despite the fact that I have paid my debt down considerably?
I have paid over $8,000 towards my debt since the beginning of the year, decreasing my utilization from about 38% to 21%, my payments are all on time (or early) and I pay more than the minimum every month. Why is my credit score not increasing?

Your utilization is still not down below 20%, which is the ideal maximum.  But there could also be things on your reports that will disappear in time and may have an effect on credit score.  Please read the articles on this site so you can better understand how credit works, because that is the reason Credit Karma is here.

parrotreporting

Thanks for your reply jwsister.   I have absolutely nothing negative on my credit.  I am very knowledgable about how credit works.  I have spent a great deal of time learning about it,  over many years, which is why I have a great score in the first place.  But paying this massive amount of money towards my debt in such a short time and seeing absolutely NO change in my score is baffling. I guess I'll wait and see what happens after next months payments which will get me below 20%.