Question

ladyunknown19

Why is my credit score not improving?
I am newly married and my husband and I were trying to buy a house. I knew that I didn't have an extensive credit history, but in February I purchased an SUV and took out an auto loan with a prime bank. I was told at the time that this would increase my credit with each payment that I made on time. I have not been late on it, or anything else. My husband's credit - as the car is also in his name - has increased. Mine has not. When we went in to try to get a home loan, I discovered medical bills which I had been previously unaware of in collections - three accounts totaling about $300 for a surgery that I had had in 2012. I paid those off and then paid for my credit scores from all three credit agencies. They all showed that my score had improved. When we went back to talk to the bank, I was still five points away from where I needed to be on my middle score. We waited a month and tried again. Still five points away. Does anyone have any advice? I would truly appreciate any direction in this matter.

Did you get the collections removed or just marked as paid. If any of the collections are still on your reports, try sending the collection company "Goodwill Letters" asking for removal of the account. You may call them as well if you wish to get the ball rolling faster, but send a letter as well. Do you have any credit cards? If you do not, simply getting one should yield a good improvement to your FICO scores.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have any more questions, please start a new question as this one will get lost among other posts.