Question

wannabuyahouse5

why is my credit score low I am never late on anything Ive paid off multible loans
I have paid off several cars and I pay student loans and my credit cards on time every month I have also paid off several loans all of which have never been late why can I not get my credit score to go up?

Most Helpful Response

Do you have an open credit or loan accounts?  Do you carry any balances on a credit card?  If the answer to these questions is "no", then that is why you can't get your score up.  Also depends on what your score is now.  If you're in the mid-700's it's hard to get it higher.  Carry a 1-3% balance on your credit card at all times and your score will increase.  Remember, a credit score looks at your open credit accounts as well as closed ones, so if you have no active accounts your score will slowly drop.  Unfortunately, we aren't rewarded for not being in debt.  Best of luck!