Question

qm2hill

Why is my credit score getting lower?
I paid off my highest balance on my Bank of America credit card, and I have a zero balance on all my cards. I just have two credit cards that I use and have paid them off. I am no longer using my Chase card. My credit score was 791; now it has dropped to 776 after I paid off all my cards. Why is my Transunion credit score getting lower? What can I do to get it higher. I have never missed a payment for any of my bills, rent and have no car payment? What am I doing wrong that my credit score is dropping?

776 is still a great score, so I wouldn't worry about it.  If you want to improve your score, always keep a 1-3% balance on your credit cards.  At some point however, your score is going to top off at a certain number unless you add more types of credit.  Usually folks don't have a good mix of credit, which is why they can't get their scores higher.  However, I really don't think having a score higher than 776 is going to make any difference in your life.  It's already excellent, good work!