Question

candjluv30

Why is my credit score at a standstill? What should i do? fingerhut is the only credit i have.
My score is a 590 and fingerhut is the only company to give credit to me. 250.00 is my credit limit. I'm not understanding why my score isn't going up. Do I need to open up a new line of credit? What should I do? I have to many inquiries already.

Most Helpful Response

Stop and ask yourself

Why do you need a credit score? (answer: you don't)

You need a credit score to go into debt or buy cars you can't afford. BUT you do not need a credit score to get a Mortgage. (Research: Manual Underwriting).

That being said, having 1 credit card is not going to cut it if you want a better score. Go open a Secured Credit card (bring $1000 with you, they will want to hold onto that money for you for some time). and STOP applying for credit cards (especially rewards credit cards). Additionally DO NOT run up more than 10% of the credit limit in a month, and pay it off in full every month on time and early.

Your score will improve but it is not a fast process.

hard inquiries credits

Hi,what I should for erase all hard inquiries credits I have? And I have two hard inquiries from auto finance but it is alredy payed in full, from Ally they saing is repossessed but isn't i payed and I have the title to prove and the other one is from Chase auto finance and two years ago was total lost from an accident, what I shoul do it? I can't hit any auto finance again because of that. Please can somebody help me?

Should i file for bancrupcy

I lost my job two yeras ago, my house is in foreclosure although I am fighting with the bank for a modification. I went back to school to retrain will graduate nursing school in a few days. I have $170000 in student loan and $393 000 in mortgage. I am really stressed out.