Question

yoyo70

Why is my chance of getting a discovery card poor when mo score is 825

Be aware Credit Karma uses a Vantage score which may differ from your FICO score;  which most lenders use. I've had a difference of 100 points in the past.

Discovery denials

Check your FICO score, which may be more accurate than vantagescoring.  The card issuer will look at employment and income, whereas that does not even figure with credit scoring.  Don't apply too often in a short period of time as that will cause "hard hits" to your score every time you apply.  That along with payment history and debt may be making the difference.

Usually, to obtain the "Discover It" card requires excellent credit, which a true 825 should easily qualify.  Talk to a credit counselor, or loan officer with Discover.  Most of their CSR service is US based and they seem really helpful when I've had discussions with them.  Call and ask for a Supervisor, not a standard CSR.

Some Lenders Sensitive ...

Some lenders are sensitive for specific aspects of your credit report as well. I agree that Vantage 3.0 is considered a FAKO score and not a FICO score, I don't care what CK says. But also I will say some creditors have particular things they look for. Some creditors look carefully at hard inquiries (AmEx, Chase), others look at average age of accounts and then others look at your income profile. Remember, CK asked for this when you first join so they take this into consideration. If you a have a thin file or short credit history, they also might hold that against you.