Question

iwheelie

Why is my "Age of Credit History" Inaccurate?
I was approved for my first credit card through my local credit union at age 18 (I am now 23) and that same account has remained open since that time. However, under my "Age of Credit History" I have an F and it shows my longest open account as only 1 year and 5 months when it should be over 5 years. I did recently have the credit limit increased on this line, but that shouldn't effect the age of my account should it?

Most Helpful Response

The reason is that the score on this site comes from information shown in Transunion, which is one of 3 credit reporting bureaus.  Different creditors report to different credit bureaus, and the credit bureaus don't all share the information.

Do check your credit reports annually.  That way, you can be sure all information shown is correct.

Hope this helps.