Question

datwin2

Why is my actual Equifax score a hundred points lower than Credit Karma eqifax score?
Since my score was reported as Fair on Credit Karma Kama I applied for a loan. Only to find out that my actual Equifax score was 551!

Unfortunately, we have literally 100s scores. There is no "actual" or "real" scores, there are only "relevant" and "irrelevant" scores.

-

The relevant score(s) is the one your creditor/lender uses. Different lenders might use different scoring models, even if it's with same lender? They might use different scoring models for different products they offer. If one lender use let's say FICO8 for their credit decisions? Then only that score from that model matters and rest of scores are irrelevant. However if next lender uses FICO4? Then your FICO8 scores now becomes irrelevant. When you apply for auto loan? They might use TransUion FICO8 auto scores, and then you apply for mortgage with same lender? Your TransUnion FICO8 auto score became irrelevant because they might use FICO4 mortgage scores, so forth and so on and on and on. I would focus bit more on my credit profile than credit scores.