Question

chocolatelegz

Why is it that a recommendation from credit karma is always a let down

The recommendation is made by the site sponsors (the credit card companies who pay so that we get the site for free) and is not based on full information.  I don't do the recommendations because I understand my score and the "glitches" in my credit that are not yet fully resolved.

I suggest always reading the reviews on a certain credit card on here and across the internet to get an idea of if you may be approved before applying. Often in reviews, people will state their credit situation and if they were approved or not. Also, many card issuers have a preapproval link on their websites to give you an idea if you will be approved or not. Remember that preapprovals do not guarantee approvals.