Question

sunshine0063

why is it coming up as a hard hit instead of a soft hit
I got a pre approved credit card offer in the mail when I checked the simulator on credit karma it showed it would raise my score so I accepted the offer on the same day. Now when I checked my score today it is showing a hard inquiry not a soft inquiry. I thought if it was pre approved it showed on your report as a soft hit not a hard. I'm trying to rebuild my credit and was doing ok and now this. what's up with this???

Most Helpful Response

Whenever you apply for a credit card, it will always be a hard hit. There are very very rare exception. Pre Approved is a soft that the creditor pull. Don't worry as your score will be going up again in a month or two.

sunshine0063

the thing is I didn't apply for the card. The offer came in the mail pre approved. I wanted another card but I didn't want a hard hit. That's why I accepted the offer because I thought they already did their inquiry since it was pre approved.