Question

Kamorm

why is GECapital saying my Trans Union score is 658 and Credit Karma says 705?
Attempting to raise my limit on my GECapital medical credit card. They denied the increase and said Trans Union gave me a score of 658. I thought credit karma used trans union and Credit Karma gives me a score on 705. Why the 50 point difference?

Most Helpful Response

Difference in score

Credit Karma uses a TransRisk Score while most lenders including GE Capital use a Fico score. The transrisk score is a estimated score, however it is not the same as a fico score and lenders often use the fico score or their own internal scoring model.

Hope it helps clarify